Java Version Compatibility
Contact Zone is compatible with Java Version 1.5 and above. We recommend Java 1.6.
Memory Limit Increase
Contact Zone’s startup script uses the default memory settings for your Java environment, which may be insufficient for your work. If you're experiencing an OutOfMemory exception, you must increase the amount of heap space available to Contact Zone by changing the Java options that set memory allocation. Follow the directions below to accomplish this.
- Exit Contact Zone if it is currently running.
- Edit your Spoon startup script [located at C:\Program Files\Melissa Data\DQT\ContactZone\Spoon.bat ] and modify the -Xmx value so that it specifies a larger upper memory limit.
- For Java Documentation see: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E13222_01/wls/docs81/perform/JVMTuning.html#1109778
- Start Spoon and ensure that there are no memory-related exceptions.
The Java virtual machine instance that the Data Integration server uses now has access to more heap space, which should solve OutOfMemory exceptions and increase performance.
CentOS and RedHat Linux Missing XULRunner Libraries
Some versions of CentOS and RedHat Linux will not have some of the dependencies to run Contact Zone. Specifically missing the XULRunner libraries. To run Contact Zone in these environments (as well as some others) it may be necessary to download and extract the XULRUNNER libraries and point the Contact Zone startup scripts to it.
- Download the xulrunner 1.9.2 from here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/xulrunner/nightly/2012/03/2012-03-02-03-32-11-mozilla-1.9.2/xulrunner-18.104.22.168pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2.
- Untar and move xulrunner/ to /opt/xulrunner
- Append the following line below last “OPT” variable in spoon.sh
OPT="$OPT -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla -Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/opt/xulrunner"