Listware for Excel:Issues
US Check and Verify: Output Columns: Check All - Check None Error
On the US Check > Output columns tab, right-clicking and toggling Check All/None for either Demographics, Property, or Parsed Address, will change the above property Check All/None.
Manually setting them does function correctly.
This will fixed in an upcoming release
Installer is Corrupt or Invalid
When downloading Listware using either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you may get the following message (or similar):
If you select Run, Save or Save As, you can get a variation of the following message:
Selecting the Save As option will save the installer into your Download directory and allow you to install Listware for Excel.
Selecting Save or Run will allow you to ‘View’ your Downloads, then Right-Click and select Run Anyway
This issue has not been replicated, nor seem to be a problem with Chrome or Firefox browsers. Please contact us with any questions, comments, or known issues.
Processing Blank Rows
Currently, you will consume credits for blank rows processed. We are reviewing options to count but not charge the user for blank rows sent to the respective service.
The current workaround is to sort your list and then select a range to process, ensuring you do not send blank rows to Listware servers.
Estimated Credit Level Changes
The Estimated Credit Level for all Listware components has been updated to more accurately reflect credit consumption. This is not a price increase, nor does it in any way affect actual credit use. This is just a more accurate estimate.
Column Names Could not be Determined – Dialog Box
If you select ‘Use column letters’, Listware will not replace the first row of data with output column headings as stated.
The output columns will not contain headings. The workaround is to add a row of Column Headings before processing.
Windows 10 Usage
- A windows 10 security message may warn you of a corrupt or unsigned download. This should not prevent you from downloading or installing the update. Whitelisting in progress.
- Users attempting to uninstall Listware on Windows 10 (a successful or unsuccessful install) may experience difficulties removing via the new Settings | System | Apps & features option. However, uninstalling via Control Panel | Programs | Uninstall a Program works fine. Optionally, you can uninstall by re-running the Listware for Excel installer and selecting ‘Remove Listware for Excel.’ We are currently working with Microsoft on a resolution to this problem.
When you visit Listware > Settings, Listware will use the currently visible settings if you select ‘OK’. This has caused a minor issue with Language defaulted to Germany.
Select cancel to remain in English mode. To fix an inadvertent change to German language select Einstellungen from the Listware ribbon > Add-In amd select English. Restart Excel.
We will change the default behavior or instructions in the next version.
Office 365 Usage
Office 365 is now an SDI - Single Document Interface. This means that you can no longer open multiple tables in one Excel executable. If you are using Listware for Excel and open up a second instance of Excel, there will be cross processing of events and applications, so closing the second instance for example will cancel the process on the first instance. We are looking into the issue. Currently we are recommending that you do not open a second instance of Excel if using Listware.
There are a couple of possible issues with SmartMover Processing:
- There is an issue with the licensing (provided License Key) for the new Listware for Excel SmartMover component. If you receive the message "Processing Error. An error occurred during processing (no rows processed)" contact your Melissa Data representative. We will edit your account license and get you back up and running immediately.
- On the NCOA Options tab, where you specify a list name, if the list name is too long it will crash. A workaround to this is to shorten the List Name. This issue will be fixed in the next release.
- For US NCOA processing, the report totals may not add up (verified address + non-verified != total records) due to the presence of canadian records, and is an issue with the underlying web service.
Check for Updates Link
Version 2490 introduced a hidden update link
Get the latest version of Listware for Excel here.
There may be an issue with XP outdated service packs, updates, .NET compatibility or .msi issues preventing installation on some XP configurations.
As of build 2428 we are no longer officially supporting installations on win XP, as Microsoft is no longer supporting the OS.
See End of Support XP for details
A user reports that a requested pie chart is not printed to the report with a German version of Office and Windows 8.1. This could not be replicated on a US version set to German localization. we are currently looking into the issue.