Personator 2018 Update
The new version of Personator with structural changes to the WSDL that can now be consumed using the following endpoint:
Personator continues to grow with demand for new IP Address information and input properties to help track a specific target. The 2018 update includes the addition of new elements in the Request/Response Structure which in effect also changes the WSDL structure. Please follow proper update procedures to prevent sudden disruption of service.
The official Personator Endpoint (personator.melissadata.net) will be updated to the new version on <insert update date>. The rcpersonator endpoint will continue to be online until 06/01/2018, after which it will be taken offline.
Here is the official timeline:
|Release Candidate Endpoint
|Release: Version 5.2||Version 5.2||Offline|
|Version 5.1.31||Update: Version 5.2||Version 5.2|
Clients whose Web Service Integrations do not support WSDL changes due to the addition of new elements in the request/response structure are strongly advised to follow these update procedures:
- All applications must be re-compiled to use the Release Candidate Endpoint (rcpersonator.melissadata.net) before 04/18/2018.
- Come 04/18/2018, we will be updating the Official Endpoint with Version 5.2 of Personator. At this time, all applications must be switched back to use the Official Endpoint before 06/01/2018 when the Release Candidate endpoint goes offline.
Clients whose Web Service Integrations support structure/WSDL additions are still strongly encouraged to follow this update procedure, but are not required to.
Version 5 Changes
- The following elements have been added as a request field:
Input Field IPAddress BirthDay BirthMonth BirthYear
- Please Note
- The BirthDay, BirthMonth and BirthYear Inputs are only place holders for the web service. They currently do not provide any functionality. A separate announcement will be sent for the activation of these new fields and features at a future time.
- The IP Address Input however, allows for retrieving IP Address Information. The new output fields for IP Address, are defined below.
- The following elements have been added as part of the response structure.
- It is now possible to retrieve these fields when entering an input IP Address and requesting for the columns from the GrpIPAddress:
Column Name Column Group DistanceAddressToIP GrpIPAddress IPAddress IPCity IPConnectionSpeed IPConnectionType IPContinent IPCountryAbbreviation IPCountryName IPDomainName IPISPName IPLatitude IPLongitude IPPostalCode IPProxyDescription IPProxyType IPRegion IPUTC
- The new IP Address output fields and their definitions can be found here: Personator Response IP Address.
- There is also a new EstimatedHomeValue column. It currently does not output any data/values. A separate announcement will be sent for the activation of this new field and its features at a future time.
Column Name Column Group EstimatedHomeValue None
In order to retrieve these new elements in the Response, you may enumerate each field in the Columns Request or request for the GrpIPAddress column: