|Profiler Object Navigation|
|Order of Operations|
|Using Append Mode|
|Using Report Mode|
The License Key is a software key that unlocks the full functionality of the component. Without the License Key, Profiler Object will only function in demo mode.
You set the License Key using an environment variable called MD_LICENSE. If you want to try out Profiler Object, see the section below about Demo Mode.
Alternatively, you can set the License Key with a call to the SetLicenseString function. Using an environment variable makes it much easier to update the License Key without having to edit and re-compile the application.
Profiler Object API has a Demo mode (no License Key is necessary) that will allow you to:
- Process up to 50k records per run.
- Result codes are all suppressed.
- The AppendMode is forced to be Overwrite only.
Windows users can set environment variables by doing the following:
- Select Start > Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click System, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Environment Variables and then select either System Variables or Variables for the user X.
- Click New.
- Enter “MD_LICENSE” in the Variable Name box.
- Enter the License Key in the Variable Value box, and then click OK.
Please remember that these settings take effect only upon start of the program. It may be necessary to quit and restart the application to incorporate the changes.
Unix-based OS users can simply set the License Key via the following (use the actual License Key, instead):
If this setting is placed in the .profile, remember to restart the shell. The MD_LICENSE variable is shared across the entire Melissa Data product line of programming tools.