You must activate your product license to use Address Validation for Dynamics 365. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select "Existing License" in the License Type field.
- Enter the Melissa license you received from your representative.
- Click Save, then Validate License. This will validate the license information with our license servers. This may take up to a minute to complete.
- Once the license is validated the system will automatically populate the read-only fields and return a confirmation message.
- In the navigation bar, go to Address Validation → Verification API Configuration
- Create a new record and enter the information as per your configuration
- Select a "Validation Service Type" (Melissa Data) and enter your corresponding API Key in the "Service License Key" field
- Finally, set the value of the "Is Valid" field to
Yesand click "Save". This will automatically try to validate an address in the background to make sure it works. If the API Key is wrong, you will get an error message and the value will be set back to
Do not delete the license record before the end of the expiration date. It’s not possible to have more than one license per organization.