Welcome to the Melissa Data Global Name Verification Web Service. The Global Name Verification Web Service is able to parse, genderize, and standardize personal names as well as able to standardize company names. The service can screen out vulgar or obviously fake names.
- Parse full names into first, middle and last names, as well as prefixes like “Dr.” and suffixes like “Jr.”
- Handle name strings that include two names, such as “John and Mary Jones.”
- Correct misspelled first names
- Flag vulgar and obviously fake names, such as “Bugs Bunny.”
- Assign gender based on the first name
- Standardize company names