IP Locator:Build History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Released March 2020
- Starting Friday, March 14, 2020, the returned latitude and longitude coordinates will be rounded to the second decimal place in order to be sensitive to user privacy.
- Please keep in mind that Melissa’s internal methodology and data sources are not changing and you can remain confident in the accuracy of the returned response.
- For example
- Input IP:
- Previously returned:
- Will now return:
Released May 2019
- Global IP now accepts and verifies IP Addresses in IPv6 format:
Released August 2018
- The Web Service is now able to return the registered domain information tied to an IP Address by requesting the column: &cols=GRPDOMAININFO
- The following are the new columns available:
Released April 2018
- New Column: DST
- This column returns a flag indicating whether the location of the IP Addresses observers Daylight Savings Time.
- New columns: TimeZoneName and TimeZoneCode
- This column returns the time zone information for the location of the IP Address globally.
TimeZoneName: "Eastern Time",
Released March 2017
- Added two new response fields, ProxyType and ProxyDescription
- ProxyType reflects the proxy the IP is currently using, if any.
- ProxyDescription gives a short description of the proxy of the IP.
- Added new result code IS03, which represents that the IP is currently under a proxy.
Released December 2015
- Initial Release