IP Locator:Build History
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Released April 2021
- Fixed an issue where several IPv6 addresses was not correctly being searched in our database. This was happening especially to commercial IPv6’s such as google.com, facebook.com and Wikipedia.com.
Released March 2020
- Starting Friday, March 14, 2020, the returned latitude and longitude coordinates will be rounded to the second decimal place in order to be sensitive to user privacy.
- Please keep in mind that Melissa’s internal methodology and data sources are not changing and you can remain confident in the accuracy of the returned response.
- For example
- Input IP:
- Previously returned:
- Will now return:
Released May 2019
- Global IP now accepts and verifies IP Addresses in IPv6 format:
Released August 2018
- The Web Service is now able to return the registered domain information tied to an IP Address by requesting the column: &cols=GRPDOMAININFO
- The following are the new columns available:
Released April 2018
- New Column: DST
- This column returns a flag indicating whether the location of the IP Addresses observers Daylight Savings Time.
- New columns: TimeZoneName and TimeZoneCode
- This column returns the time zone information for the location of the IP Address globally.
TimeZoneName: "Eastern Time",
Released March 2017
- Added two new response fields, ProxyType and ProxyDescription
- ProxyType reflects the proxy the IP is currently using, if any.
- ProxyDescription gives a short description of the proxy of the IP.
- Added new result code IS03, which represents that the IP is currently under a proxy.
Released December 2015
- Initial Release