SSIS:Advisory:Global Address Object 32bit dll Deprecation
SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise Users – Global Address Object 32bit dll Deprecation
The Global Address Object 32bit
mdGlobalAddr.dll file will be deprecated on April 24th 2023. SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise users will be directly affected and will not be able to continue using SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise option. The reason for deprecating the 32bit mdGlobalAddr.dll is due to issues encountered with backwards compatibility. As Visual Studio is a 32bit program and utilizes the 32bit directory during processing. The 32bit mdGlobalAddr.dll deprecation will directly affect functionality for SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise users. SSIS Global Verify Cloud users will not be affected by this change.
Existing SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise clients are encouraged to transition over to Melissa’s other Global Address Verification platforms, such as:
- Global Address Verification Web Service
- - Provides identical functionality to Melissa's SSIS Global Verify Address On Premise product but over a Cloud environment. The Global Address Web Service is not slated for deprecation any time soon.
- Global Address Verification Wiki page: Global Address Verification - Melissa Wiki
- Unison by Melissa
- - Is a platform as a service that provides access to Melissa’s powerful Global Address Verification service. The Unison Platform allows enterprise level clients to create a self-hosted system housing the entire set of Melissa libraries and capabilities into one extensible platform.
- Unison by Melissa Wiki page: Unison by Melissa - Melissa Wiki
- Global Address Object API
- - Consume the Global Address Object directly. This includes the libraries and data files needed to get started with Melissa’s powerful Global Address Verification API.
- Global Address Object API Wiki page: Global Address Object - Melissa Wiki
For assistance for transitioning to Melissa's Global Address Web Service contact Tech@melissadata.com