These are the steps to install a Melissa Component for Talend.
Create Component Directory
1. Create a directory to hold the component on your pc. This will be in a location of your choosing. Be sure to note the location of this directory.
Create Cache Directory
2. Create a directory to hold the cached data files on your pc. This will also be in a location of your choosing. Be sure to note the location of this directory.
3. Extract all the files from the zip file into the component directory from step #1.
Set User Component Folder
4. You now need to set the "User Component Folder". Do the following steps in order:
- Open Talend
- Navigate to Window->Preferences
- The navigate to Talend->Components
- Set "User Component Folder" to the directory we created in step #1
Create New Job
5. Create a new job and find the Melissa Component in the Talend palette.
6. Drop the Melissa Component into the job.
Open Configuration Menu
7. Double click the component to open up the configuration menu.
Set Cache Directories (Only for Personator Component)
8. Now set the "Cache Directory". Do the following steps in order:
- Navigate to Advanced Settings
- Set "Cache Directory" to the cache directory that we created in step #2
9. Configure the rest of the options per your desired operation.
You are now ready to start using the Data Quality Components for Talend.