The MelissaDQ Projects menu has the option to create a New project or view your already created projects under My Projects.
This section will start the guide for setting up a new project. The steps followed are:
Start A New Project
The Start A New Project guide will help you set up your project with a name and select a source.
Name Your Project
Give your project a name and click Next. This will then go to the Select a source step.
This section displays your already created projects, listing their name, date created, date updated, and date last executed. You can search through your projects by using the text fields under each heading and sort them with the arrows next to each heading.
If you mouse-over a project name a context menu will slide out, allowing you to:
- Rename your project
- Schedule your project
- Delete your project
If you click on a project name, it will take you to the Project Configuration section.
This section displays your inputs. If you do not have any, you will be prompted to Add an Input.
Select a source
Select a source for your project. This can be either a file or a table.
Once you select a source, you will be sent to the Input File Preview.
Input File Preview
This section lets you control your input file settings. You can choose the delimiter and enclosure, select which fields to include, and preview the results. When you are done previewing your input file, click Save.
While configuring the project, you select the service(s) you want to use. For more details on a specific service, see the links below.
Select what kind of output you want.
Write to File
Write your output to a file.
- Select a filename for your output file.
- Select the enclosure to use in the output file.
- Select the delimiter to use in the output file.
- Select the compression to use on the output file.
- Select a pre-built filter for the output. Once you select a filter, you may edit the filter string.
- Filter String (edit as needed)
- The filter string generated by the selected filter. You may edit this for more control.
Write to Table
Write your output to a table. To do so, you must select a connection under Connection Settings. If there are no connections, create a new connection.
Create a New Connection
- Name the connection.
- Select a vendor for your connection.
- Enter a host IP.
- Enter a port for your host.
- Enter the name of your database.
- Enter the username.
- Enter the password.
Select which fields and what order you want them to output. Click the trashcan icon to remove a field, and drag-and-drop to reorder the fields.
Schedule Project Execution
You can choose to schedule your project to run on a specified date, time, and frequency.
- Enter a description of your scheduled project execution.
- Set a frequency for your scheduled project execution.
Run your project now.