Web Services known issues.
We have upgraded to Windows 2003 and IIS 6. This is to increase performance and reliability. If you have started receiving any of these errors please review your code for any improper posting practices.
Error 400 - Bad Request Error 403.1 - Execute Access Forbidden
- Our servers will not accept non-standard HTTP postings.
- The action verb POST in your code specifically must be in upper case or it will be rejected as an unauthorized application.
- Also make sure you are not sending any hard returns which will also be rejected as a bad request.
Here is an example of the incorrect posting method from a sample program.
$CustomerID = "123456789"; $method = "post"; $host = "https://addresscheck.melissadata.net"; $usepath = "/v2/SOAP/Service.svc";
Melissa Data is pleased to announce three new upgrades to our Data Quality Web Service to improve traffic flow. These improvements include:
- Load Balancing for All Servers
- Extended Hours Tech Support
- Server Maintenance Schedule