← Global Address Object Reference
|Global Address Object Navigation
The Global Address Object is a part of our Global Data Quality Suite, which also includes our Global Phone Object, Name Object, and Email Objects in the same download. Here are the instructions and information about the product you will be using.
- The Global Data Quality Suite is delivered as a download. The size of the download can be quite large as it is an enterprise product that covers the whole world.
- To run the setup for windows, execute setup.exe on the root of the download.
- To run the setup for linux, execute setup_main.sh on the root of the download.
- The installation is a simple process. It mostly just copies files from the download onto your server to a destination you set. For first time installers, it is recommended that you run the setup. For updates, you can run the setup or you can simply copy over and replace all the data files from the download over the existing files. Each update is a full replacement. To manually install, copy the file from the download and replace the file with the same name and type at the destination. Here are the locations of the needed files:
- The windows libraries are located in
/address/windows/dll_64bit. Make sure to copy all dll files.
- The Linux libraries are located in
/address/linux/gcc41_64bit. Make sure to copy all .so files.
- Data Files
- These are the same for both windows and linux. It is located in
/address/data in the download. Make sure to copy all files and sub-directories including altData if it is there. If it is not there, that is not a problem. Its presence depends on the countries you are subscribed to.
- Note that for windows, the setup will install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 redistributable that is required by the library. If you do not have that redistributable installed already, please make sure to install it.
- The object library is how you will use the Global Address Object. You will use mdGlobalAddr.dll for windows and libmdGlobalAddr.so for linux.
- There are also a set of dependent libraries that is used by the Global Address Object that required by it to function that must be available. These libraries must also be in the same directory as Global Address Object:
- *This object is only required if you have the altData directory in your download. The presence of this directory is dependent on which countries you are subscribed to.
- The data files are accessed by the Global Address Object and not by the end user. When initializing the Global Address Object, you must tell it where to find the data files. You will be giving the object the main Data directory that contains the data files. By default on windows, this is installed into
C:\Program Files\Melissa DATA\DQS\Data. This directory should contain a number of files like mdGlobalAddr.ffbb, mdAddr.dat, etc.
- We do have sample code available. They are located in the Samples directory and installed by the setup. Currently, we have Java, C#, and Python sample available there. We also have a C++ sample available in the same directory as the Global Address Object.
- Additionally, there is an Interfaces folder that contains the files needed to compile the wrapper for the sample code. This is for the situation where your version of the language is not compatible with the version that was included, in which case you may need to recompile the wrapper. Instructions are provided in each directory as readmes.