SmartMover uses NCOALink technology to securely transfer encrypted data to and from our servers for processing in order to keep up with customers (Individuals, Families, and Businesses) that have filed a Change of Address (COA) with the USPS over the last 48 months; and meet the Move Update requirement for Postal Discounts.
- Validate and standardize U.S. addresses with USPS CASS-certified processing.
- Provide change of address information for Individuals, Families, and/or Businesses by matching against the full 48-month USPS NCOALink database.
- Meet the USPS Move-Update requirement for a period of 95 days from the date of processing.
- Generate USPS required report (form 3553)
- NCOALink Summary report
- SmartMover does not do Canadian Change of Address Processing
Who is SmartMover for?
List Owners that have completed a Processing Acknowledgement Form (PAF) can utilize NCOALink technology to securely upload their data to our servers for change of address processing.
How does SmartMover Work?
- Mailing lists are processed through our CASS-Certified address verification engine in order to append ZIP+4 and validate delivery point.
- Each address that has a confirmed delivery-point will then be processed through NCOALink.
- New addresses are only returned if the Original Input Name and Address match the Change of Address file.
- Active Mailers+4 and SmartMover subscription.
- Completed Processing Acknowledgement Form on File.
- Minimum of 100 records.
- Minimum Fields: Company and/or Full Name (or First and Last Name) with Address, City, State, Postal Code.
- Click Open File. -OR-
- Click File and select Open.
Format the input fields of your file.
- Click Format Fields and select the NCOA tab to format fields beneficial for NCOA Processing. -OR-
- Click File from the menu bar and select Format Fields and then select the NCOA tab.
- In order to process a mailing list SmartMover requires that the following Input fields and all desired Output Fields are formatted before processing.
- Required Input Fields
- Company and/or Full Name (or First Name and Last Name)
- Address 1, City, State, Postal Code
- Recommended Output Fields
- Result Code
- Return Code
- Move Type
- Move Effective Date
- Mail Score
- Use the mp4auto.ini file to manually assign auto-format fields.
Once you have formatted the required fields and added any Optional fields that you would like to return information on, open SmartMover to begin processing.
- Click the SmartMover Real-time NCOALink button located in the all-in-one taskbar on the left -OR-
- Click Services and select Change of Address.
- Click Start to begin processing.
- Click Help to learn more information.
- Click View Results to view the result window of a previously processed file.
- Click Format to make sure the required fields are formatted.
- Click Cancel to exit the SmartMover window.
Once your file is done processing, view your results on the SmartMover Real-time NCOALink Results window.
The Service Results will include the number of:
- Total Send
- Total Update
What reports are generated by SmartMover?
SmartMover will generate the following Reports:
- CASS Form 3553
- NCOALink Summary Report
The NCOALink Summary Report and the CASS Form 3553 will automatically save in the same folder as your processed file as “FileName_NCOASummaryReport.html” and “FileName_CASS3553.html”. If your list has already been processed, then these files will open in a browser regardless if you are connected to the internet.
Click the NCOALink Summary or CASS Form 3553 button to open the report in a browser window for easy viewing. The files can be Saved as a PDF or Printed by right clicking the page and selecting "Print" and then "Print to PDF" or choose a Printer to print from.
- Click NCOALink Summary to view the NCOALink Summary Report. This will automatically generate in the same folder as your processed file.
- Click CASS Form 3553 to view the CASS Summary Report. This will automatically generate in the same folder as your processed file.
- Click Close to exit SmartMover.