Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Global Verify Navigation|
Parse and genderize a full name into its respective components.
- Full Name
- Select the field name that will contain the name information to be parsed. This field can contain one or two full names, such as “Mr. John Q. Smith, Jr.” or “John Q. and Mary S. Smith.”
- If the database records may be business type, include the company name here.
- Name Order Hint
- The Name Order Hint tells the Component in what order the name components will be found in the input full name, normal name order, last name first, or a mixture. The default is Varying. The options are:
Option Description Option Description DefinitelyFull Name will always be treated as normal name order, regardless of formatting or punctuation. VeryLikelyFull Name will be treated as normal name order unless inverse order is clearly indicated by formatting or punctuation. ProbablyFull If necessary, statistical logic will be employed to determine name order, with a bias toward normal name order. Varying If necessary, statistical logic will be employed to determine name order, with no bias toward either name order. ProbablyInverse If necessary, statistical logic will be employed to determine name order, with a bias toward inverse name order. VeryLikelyInverse Name will be treated as inverse name order unless normal order is clearly indicated by formatting or punctuation. DefinitelyInverse Name will always be treated as inverse name order, regardless of formatting or punctuation. MixedFirstName Name field is expected to only contain prefixes, first, and middle names. MixedLastName Name field is expected to only contain last names and suffixes.
- Middle Name Logic
- This option controls how the Component will parse the Middle Name, depending on the method selected. The default setting is Parse Logic.
Option Description Parse Logic In the absence of a hyphen, recognizable last names in the middle of a full name are treated as part of a hyphenated last name. Hyphenated Last The middle word is assumed to be part of the last name. Middle Name The middle word is assumed to be a middle name.
- Correct Misspellings in First Name
- If checked, the Component will use a database of common given names to correct obvious misspellings.
- The company name.
Output Name Columns
- Name 1
- These fields apply to the first full name detected.
- Name 2
- These fields apply to the second full name detected.
- This field returns any part of the name that precedes the given name, such as “Mr.,” “Ms.,” or “Dr.”
- First Name
- This field returns the given name.
- Middle Name
- This field returns the middle names or initials.
- Last Name
- This field returns the family name.
- This field returns any part of the name that follows the family name, such as degrees (“MD” or “PhD”) and generational indicators (“IV” or “Jr.”.)
- This field returns a gender indicator.