Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding the Business Transition of ZipInfo to Melissa.
- Effective: January 1, 2023
- Please Note that answers are subject to change.
What is happening?
- Melissa will begin producing & selling some or all ZipInfo products beginning: January 1, 2023.
- Melissa will be maintaining current products so that ZipInfo customers have a seamless transition.
Where can I purchase November 2022 or December 2022 data?
- November 2022 and December 2022 data can be purchased directly from ZipInfo.com the way it has previously been done in the past.
- ZipInfo. Products page: https://www.zipinfo.com/products/products.htm
How do I contact ZipInfo for November 2022 & December 2022 Data?
- Sales: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support: email@example.com
- Voice: 866-256-2042 or +1-281-292-3270
- Business Hours: 8:30AM to 5:00PM Central Time M-F.
Where will I be able to download my files after the end of this year?
- An automated e-mail will be sent to the Account Email address / distribution list on file. This e-mail will include a product download link. We do not plan to ship physical installation media, download links will be available for each update. If you need changes to the e-mail distribution list, please contact your account representative.
I already paid for a subscription. Will Melissa honor what I've already paid for?
- The last subscription you purchased from ZipInfo was prorated so that you only paid for updates through December, 2022. Those updates will still be provided by CD Light on the ZipInfo.com website. Melissa will be taking over effective January 1, 2023 so there are no subscriptions that will carry over.
What is the price for the yearly subscription?
- If ZipInfo subscriptions are renewed before February 1, 2023, then the price will remain unchanged.
Will the product (ZipInfo) change in any way? (hopefully not) so we do not have to adjust our processes.
- At this time, we do not plan to make any substantial changes to current ZipInfo products in order to make the transition as seamless as possible.
- We will keep the data content and formats the same so that your applications will not need to be modified to adapt to a different format.
- Even though Zipinfo has not increased in price for many years, we do not plan to change the price at this time.
- We do not plan to ship products on CD; updates will be available via download only
What file formats will be available?
- Since most modern software will import .CSV, we will no longer provide the product in Paradox (.db), dBase (.dbf), or Access (.accdb) file formats. If this creates a problem for you then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will work with you to find a solution.
How will the monthly downloads be performed?
- Initially, Monthly downloads will be available on the ZipInfo website as they have been in the past. We will merge this process into our existing process after a few months.
- Existing ZipInfo Process: Zipinfo Customers are sent a user name and password by email which allows them to authenticate on the Zipinfo site and download the purchased product. The user name and password change from month to month.
- Melissa Process: Melissa customers have their own user name and password which does not change unless a password reset is requested. When customers log in to their portal, they can download the products they have a subscription for. An Automated e-mail is also sent to specified e-mails on the account with a product download link each update.
What are the subscription options that you are offering for the ZipInfo data going forward?
- Currently, we plan to maintain the Single (1 version), Quarterly (4 versions), and Yearly (12 versions.) subscriptions. We do not plan to keep the Semiannual (2 versions) subscription option at this time, but customers that previously purchased Semi-annual product may purchase the product with quarterly updates at the same price for as before.
Will Melissa bring back the Canadian ZipInfo data in January?
- We do not currently have a date for Canadian version of ZipInfo. In the meantime, we encourage customers to check our Canadian GeoData Reference Database.
- Melissa. Reference Data. Canadian GeoData: Canadian Geo*Data
Where can I find sample files?
- Sample files can be found on the individual Product Page and have been listed below for convenience.
- ZipInfo Products: https://www.zipinfo.com/products/products.htm
- ZIPList5 Lite: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5ltesam.zip
- ZipList5: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5sam.zip
- ZIPList5 Plus: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5psam.zip
- ZIPList5 Geocode: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5llsam.zip
- ZIPList5 CBSA: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5CBSsam.zip
- ZIPList5 MSA: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5msasam.zip
- ZIPList5 Market Area: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5masam.zip
- ZIPList5 Max: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5maxsam.zip
- ZIPList5 Medical MSA: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/z5mmsam.zip
- County - ZIP Code Database: https://www.zipinfo.com/samples/czsam.zip