Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Only alphabetic characters will be compared.
- This algorithm will remove all characters that are not in the English alphabet and compares strings based on this criteria.
- Returns a match is all alphabetic characters match exactly.
Example Matchcode Component
STRING1 STRING2 RESULT Johnson Jhnsn Unique Lynda Dylan Unique Apco Oil Lube 170 Apco Oil Lube 342 Match Thomas Tom Unique
|More Matches||Greater Accuracy|
- Hybrid Deduper, where a single incoming record can quickly be evaluated independently against each record in an existing large master database.
- Databases created via real-time data entry where audio likeness errors are introduced.
- Databases of US and English language origin.
Not Recommended For
- Gather/scatter, survivorship, or record consolidation of sensitive data.
- Quantifiable data or records with proprietary keywords not associated in our knowledgebase tables.
Do Not Use With
- UTF-8 data. This algorithm was ported to MatchUp with the assumption that a character equals one byte, and therefore results may not be accurate if the data contains multi-byte characters.